Thursday, October 29, 2015

Your Child’s Acting Career Requires an Entertainment Work Permit (part 2 of 2)

The entertainment work permit must be kept with your child at all times. You should keep the original at home while you carry around the photocopy. This must then be submitted to whoever is casting your child and signed at the back to certify that your child is part of the production.

Getting an entertainment work permit is easy and the best part is that it won’t cost you a thing. This has to be renewed every six months and since you don’t know when your child will have another part, you shouldn’t wait before you get one.

Apart from the entertainment work permit, your child will also be required to get a social security card. This is state regulated and designed to ensure that all payments for the project are given to your child. Just like the work permit, this is easy to obtain by simply contacting the Department of Social Security or by mail. For you to get one, you need to show your child’s birth certificate and any other form of identification.

If you child is below 18 years of age, he or she is considered a minor. For them to work in the entertainment industry, you are required to get a work permit and social security card which will enable them to pursue an acting career. Once the forms are filled up and those who are supposed to sign it have done so, there won’t be any problems when your agent has booked a job.

Just make sure that this is renewed before it expires to avoid any problems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment